This Living Map is only one part of Nesta’s work on Innovation in Jobs. We published a landmark report, Making it Work, in 2012 and since then have continued to work in the field.
In addition to the Map, we have been involved in the field for several years through:
- Nesta Impact Investments, a fund which invests in incluisive and scalable innovations which benefit everyone in society. Currently, we’re funding innovative organisations working in employment like GetMyFirstJob and Movellas. We’ve used the fund’s Standards of Evidence as one of the categories that you can use to search jobs innovations in the living map;
- The Centre for Social Action Innovation Fund, – a £14m fund supporting the growth of innovations that mobilise people’s energy and talents to help each other. Six of the organisations we fund are working in the employment sector. The Centre for Social Action Innovation Fund is managed by Nesta and backed by the Cabinet Office;
- The European Social Innovation Competition, which in 2014 focused on employment innovations. Nesta was the lead contractor for the €50,000 prize, providing the European Commission with expertise in challenge prizes and in social innovation to support the design and execution of the prize;
- Working with the Behavioural Insights Team on their work on improving outcomes in Jobcentre Plus;
- The Jobs Open Data Challenge, a £50,000 prize which was awarded in 2015 to Performance in Context. The prize invited innovators to build products and services using open data which help people get better jobs or create new jobs;
- We’re looking at the impact of technology and automation on the future of our workforces – check out our report Creativity vs. Robots to see our forecasts for the future.
Visit our website to find out more about our work to tackle unemployment in the UK and develop new and more effective ways of helping people find sustainable work, stay in work and progress in work.